2.24.2009

Work It Out

Salut!



Work out clothes like spandex and sweatpants used to be items for the gym, but now are becoming the new spring/summer trend. Because it is still so cold here...it's almost March..I have been dreaming/searching for the perfect items to add to my spring wardrobe. As I was browsing through the new spring trends and spring runway shows..I noticed a trend that looks like it might become the new "summer leggings"...cycling shorts! Usually the only place you see these is on cyclists, but many designers, like Michael Kors, House of Holland, and Louise Goldin incorporated them into their spring collections..and I have to say that I think I really like it. They would go perfectly under t-shirts, especially the patterned ones! Topshop has some great different prints and they also have a couple pairs imitating jean shorts and American Apparel also has a variety of colors..from neon to metallic. Another upcoming trend that I am taking a liking to are sweatpants/shorts. I love how Alexander Wang paired these with his infamous slouchy cutout sweater and those amazing ankle booties. The Topshop collection also put a new spin on sweatpants by pairing them with trench coats and lace up boots. I love the combination of the casual, everyday item with something more striking and over the top.





Photobucket
House of Holland

Photobucket
Michael Kors

Photobucket
Louise Goldin


Photobucket
H&M spring preview

Photobucket
Topshop Unique

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Alexander Wang

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Topshop

Photobucket
American Apparel


s




"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”~Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment