4.02.2009

DF

Salut!



I know it seems like sof has been flying solo lately, but art and school have been taking over my life. I promise I'm back in the game and will always make time for posting! Of course, I haven't been able to keep myself from surfing the web and constantly checking up on the current fashion news, which only makes my wish list keep growing. Seeing that I have been overwhelmingly busy with school and, to put it simply, obsessed with fashion, I have decided to incorporate this element into some of my art projects. I took a few pictures of the side project I've been working on, using mixed media to create collages about harmony with color. In addition, we were assigned the task of creating our own business/calling card. I was excited because it gave me the opportunity to have fun with it and convey something that's really important to me: DeuxFashion. After learning about type and the major affects it can have on the viewer, I experimented with some ideas. Here are just some rough sketches for now.



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



We were informed about artists who worked with type and one seemed to grasp my attention. Paula Scher's idea of creating noise or an image out of text was something that truly intrigued me. Influenced by this idea, I attempted to create an image out of text but put my own spin on it by using some detail instead of just letters. Since it is suppose to represent our blog, I used DeuxFashion repeatedly throughout the shoes, which by the way are based off the Emma Cook booties for Topshop. Can you just say that I'm in love... Wish I could get my hands on a pair of those!



Photobucket



Below is another idea, mixing elaborate, intricate type with a text that has simple, clean lines. I'm not sure if they're working together, but I liked the idea of having the D and F stand out, focusing on just two letters, perhaps like a nickname: DF.



Photobucket



Here's one image I played with on photoshop. Loving the brick walls and shoe collection. Although I wish I could say they were mine, they belong to none other than Erin Wasson.



Photobucket



Lastly, for all of those that fell in love with Christian Siriano over season 4 of Project Runway, get excited! I discovered that sometime in fall 2009 he will be debuting his own shoe line for Payless. They will be based off some shoes from his current collection, just different renditions of them. I believe they will all be below $45; what a great steal! I'm always looking for bargains to keep from breaking the bank. With that price, they will definitely be worth the buck.



Photobucket



p.s. ~ I promise I will post pictures by this weekend.



e




"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”~Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment