1.24.2009

Boyfriends or at least their jeans....

Salut!



I know it has been a while since I last posted. I've been busy getting back into the swing of things with classes and all. After unpacking my suitcases, I realized that it's time to add something new to my wardrobe. A twist on an old, staple classic will do the trick: The Boyfriend Jeans. When I first got a glimpse of them on the big screen in Sex and the City, I knew I had to have a pair. The way "Carrie" wore them was so effortlessly chic. Throughout the past couple of months, I have repeatedly seen this style of jean appear everywhere. From new spring 2009 runway shows to street style fashionistas, "the boyfriend jean" is taking an interest to many. This trend will definitely be one to buy, for it will be a staple element in anyone's closet. I searched the internet to find an array of boyfriend jeans that I thought suited the description perfectly. With the distressed, torn, washed-out style and baggy, rolled-up cut, they can either be dressed up or down. Below is a selection, ranging from moderately priced to some that were just too good to pass up. I know when it comes to a staple, it's best to splurge; the amount of use will definitely be worthwhile. Easy, comfortable, and à la mode, who would be one to pass these up?



Photobucket


Photobucket



Last week I was interested in finding someone who's fashion intrigued me. I have always had a liking for Camilla Belle's timeless style. From her dress choices for premieres and events to even her casual days, she always finds pieces that are one-of-a-kind. I love the color palettes, prints, and shapes/cuts of her dresses and the show-stopping impact that they create. Her elegant, invigorating, and fashionable spin on feminine pieces creates a uniqueness, leaving me wanting more and wondering what she'll come up with next. Below is a collage of some of my favorite ensembles that she has worn.



Photobucket



"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."~Coco Chanel



e