1.27.2009

Sheer Joy

Salut!



So, as it seems to be a never-ending winter, I feel like it only keeps getting colder and colder, I find myself dreaming of some of the spring trends that I wish I could wear...like something sheer! This spring it seems that anything sheer should be a go to staple; whether its a dress, shirt, blouse, even a skirt...if worn properly! I'm not talking about a completely sheer, over-revealing kind of garment, but rather an appropriate, yet alluring twist on that notion. On the Spring Runway 2009, it was "sheer madness"; many designers had amazing sheer pieces and not to mention the array of celebrities who have taken to this trend as well. A sheer garment is so chic and simple, but oozes just the right amount of sexuality without being over the top. Anytime I see this trend I feel sheer joy.



Photobucket

Obsession du Jour: "Boyfriend blazers"! I love the over sized and slouchy look of these types of blazers, but they still obtain that element of sophistication! Here are some of my favorites!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



The first two blazers are from Urban Outfitters and the third is Alexander Wang. I have also seen some really cute ones at Forever21 and Topshop!



s




"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”~Coco Chanel

1 comment: